By Ernie Humphrey, CTP
I have been developing the concept of the Social CFO in the past few months. My blog series includes the following installments:
- The Rise of the Social CFO – In my first blog in the Social CFO series, I share five soft skills that I believe CFOs need to master to be successful in 2020 and beyond.
- The Social CFO: Collaborating with Marketing, Sales & HR – Part 1 – In this post, I explore the foundation pillars of how the Social CFO (#socialcfo) needs to leverage soft skills to build relationships with marketing, sales, and HR leaders to help drive performance across the enterprise.
- The Social CFO: The Art of Collaborating with Marketing Leaders – In this post, I share specific advice for how CFOs can collaborate effectively with marketing leaders to drive growth and deliver a competitive advantage.
- The Social CFO: The Art of Collaborating with Sales Leaders – In this post, I share insights gleaned from conversations with hundreds of CFOs regarding how CFOs can collaborate effectively with sales leaders to drive new customer growth, customer engagement, and optimize the customer experience.
- The Social CFO: Engaging Employees to Fuel Your Dream Team – In this post, I outline how CFOs can measure employee engagement and share eight dimensions of an ideal working environment that will deliver engagement with any Finance team.
- The Social CFO: Mastering the Art of Storytelling to Deliver Results – In this post, I discuss the power of storytelling for building consensus, delivering innovation, and driving transformation.
- The Social CFO: Mastering the Art of Motivational Storytelling to Deliver Results – Part 2 – In this blog, I explore motivating story plots, how to use them, and five types of motivating story plots any CFO can leverage to communicate with impact.
The most important outcome of being a Social CFO is driving performance across the enterprise, and that means effective business partnering within and beyond Finance.
I was thrilled to explore the art of business partnering as a Social CFO in the new remote reality with the leading global expert in business partnering, Ander Liu-Lindberg, in my initial episode of the Finance Trends and Disruption Podcast.
The Finance Trends and Disruption Podcast’s mission is to deliver the truth of what matters to the Office of the CFO. As the Voice of the Office of the CFO, I engage global thought leaders to explore current and emerging trends, separate hype from reality, and take on topics that some may see as controversial.
You can discover all episodes of the Finance Trends & Disruption Podcast in the Stampli Podcast Hub.